Thursday, 11 February 2010

Turn Off Buzz

Google has made its push against Facebook and Twitter with Buzz, and if you have Gmail, without your consent, you are already a participant.


By now, Buzz has already risked your privacy by exposing your most frequently emailed friends. It is automatically following contacts, and having them visible to other Buzz users (read this for more info).


I’m quite happy with my arsenal of social networks and RSS readers and I don’t know if I like the idea of depending on Google for so much. Buzz is apparently set to replace Twitter and Facebook for sharing content with friends, and Buzz buttons are already showing up in blogs:

But, to me, this invasive social network offers nothing I don’t already have, and I suggest that there is just one button you should click:


No comments:

Post a Comment