Friday, 6 November 2009

Learning French with social media

In the new year I am going to regain my competency in the French language. Having scored only elementary on International House's online grammar test, I thought I’d get a head start on January classes and see what I can pick up using YouTube and Twitter.

Unfortunately, I couldn’t find much out there.

On Twitter, there’s a neat game called Tweet French, where users reply to a daily question, but @TweetFrench has not been updated since the summer

On YouTube there’s a lot of video French lessons that look as if they are from 1993, there’s also a few ‘repeat after me’ videos but memorizing words for fruit or body parts isn’t the same as learning conversational French. And there are channels like jremy7, which looks kinda useful, but just isn’t for me.

Where is the excitement in learning French? Where are the cool, funny, interesting Twitter or YouTube lessons? Where’s HotForWords en fran├žais?

Anyone have any recommendations?

For now, I'll just stick with watching Coeur de Pirate videos.

1 comment:

  1. You should also check out Louise Attaque and Les Rita Mitsouko (bands).

    Bonne chance.

    ReplyDelete